Sunday, July 25, 2010

First Tri of Year

Well my buddy Tom asked me to do the Mighty Mite Triathlon in Forrest City Arkansa with him and I’m thinking I’ve been running a lot, knowing I’m a pretty good swimmer, and the bike I suck at but I can relax on the bike if need be, I said yes. 

So I got a whole 10 minutes on my actual bike before the tri and one swim in.  Not really enough.  Wasn’t bad, but I started cramping up during the run and I finished horribly, because I walked the whole run portion.  Maybe it was poor training, maybe it was dehydration, maybe a little bit of both.

So then the following Thursday I came down with a stomach bug of some sort and running has not been in the cards.

Day 195, 07/14/10, no run, 0 miles
Day 196, 07/15/10, morning 20 min swim,  no run, 2 miles
Day 197, 07/16/10, taper for tri, 10 min bike, 1 mile
Day 198, 07/17/10, triathlon 10 min swim, 50 min bike, 3 mile  run, 9 miles
Day 199, 07/18/10, run to swing set and back, 2.5 miles
Day 200, 07/19/10, neighborhood morning run, 4.5 miles
Day 201, 07/20/10, neighborhood morning run and walked 18 holes, 3 miles
Day 202, 07/21/10, treadmill run, 27:30 , 3 miles
Day 203, 07/22/10, not feeling great, ran walked treadmill, 3 miles
Day 204, 07/23/10, sick, no run, 0 miles
Day 205, 07/24/10, sick, no run, 0 miles

568 miles down…432 more to go

No comments:

Post a Comment