For 2010 I have set a long term goal of running 1000 miles over the next 365 days.
At first you think that's just 3 miles a day. Or you think that's 20 miles a week. Either way that takes more dedication than say training for a half marathon for a couple months prior to the race. Its a change to how you plan your day like brushing your teeth or taking a shower.
Granted I'm not necessarily going to run 3 miles every day. Take my first day, January 1st, 2010, I ran 4 miles in 19 degree weather. I will also run a couple half marathons and maybe my first full marathon during the year.
I will try to run outside as much as possible just because I absolutely hate running on a treadmill. I will however run on the treadmill if I have to. Typically that will be because the temperature outside is below 20 degrees or its snowing or its icey or its raining cats and dogs.
When I run outside I don't have a GPS or a pedometer, but if I don't know the exact mileage, I'm a pretty consistent 10 minute miler. I will round down to the nearest half mile. For example if I run a 5K race, it will only count as 3 miles.
So here I am
Day 1, 19 degrees sunny, outside run, 4 miles
Day 2, 10 degrees sunny, treadmill, 3 miles
Day 3, 19 degrees sunny, outside run, 3 miles
Stay tuned for daily logs
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment