Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Sun Will Come Out …Tomorrow

Well it actually came out today.  There is still snow covering all sidewalks so its still treadmill running for yesterday and today.  The outlook is good though.  The temperature is suppose to come up to or rise above freezing so that’s exciting.  

Running on the treadmill is getting tedious.  Tried some different things and figured they just don’t work.  I tried going slower today.  I usually walk for a minute and then go right to running around 6.3 mph and today I started at 5.8 mph for 5 minutes with the idea to then go up to 6.4 for the rest of the 3 miles.  It didn’t work for me.  Just wasn’t comfortable adjusting my stride this much on a treadmill.  My left foot also started hurting somewhat.  The pain could be because I ran one of my fastest 3 miles yesterday in 28 minutes. 

I also have been running with a hat for the last couple days and today I did not.  I sweat profusely though and it becomes annoying having to wipe the sweat off my face all the time.  So note to self.  “Always wear a hat”.

Day 11, 01/11/10, cold and snowy, treadmill run, 3 miles, 28 minutes
Day 12, 01/12/10, getting better outside, treadmill run, 3 miles, 30 minutes

35.5 miles down…964.5 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment